Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 72-Dos meets a rescue puppy

Today Dos met a little rescue puppy, who had a broken femur and hip and was skin-and-bones starving. Although he is broken, he is still a puppy and tries very hard to get around and climb into people laps. I thought she would be a bit frightened by this-but she sat down next to him when he finally managed to get his awkward little body into my lap, and put her head on my knee and sniffed into his ears, sniffed his neck, sniffed all over him and finally just put her head back on my knee and just looked at him. It was as if she was checking him out to see what was wrong with him, and then telling him everything was going to be alright.

It was a very Mother Dos thing I witnesses, and I wish I would have been able to capture it on video.

Someone was definitely cutting onions there...

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story. I sure hope that puppy is as lucky as Dos and has been able to find a loving, forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reasons for giving your dog a treat are many. We will cover some of those reasons here, when to give them and when not to...and how to make your own homemade treats Low Fat

    ReplyDelete