Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 9-Belly Exfoliation Time

This morning-for the first time since she's been with me...Dos was up and ready to go! We keep her in a crate when we're sleeping/not at home so she's confined, but she spends a lot of time just sleeping in there even with the crate door open. It's her little den, after all..

When I woke up and went to her crate, she was  standing up, tail wagging, back end wagging, and ready to go potty. I see this as a very good sign! It usually takes her a good ten minutes or so to pull herself up and adjust to being awake.

She's almost done with her round of antibiotics..tomorrow is the last day! Then....vet on Tuesday and it's going to be a whole lot more getting better from there!

You can do it, Dos!

Today was belly exfoliation time. I started to rub her belly and she flipped all the way over, so I took the opportunity to slough off some of the dead skin I haven't been able to get to. I was afraid it would hurt her..but as you can see from the video she was loving it. It went on for probably forty minutes..leg kicking, stretching her arms up, making little grunty noises....that's a happy dog with a super special belly rub:)


(Sorry about the video...it's the wrong direction again, it was the only way I could hold it and brush her at the same time...)

EDIT: Is the video showing up at all? Hmmm:/




5 comments:

  1. So cute!! Video is working. Would love to see video of her when you greet her in the morning, tail/butt wagging and all!

    So happy to see her little kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing lady Liz. Buddy needs to meet Dos when she's allowed to be social.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your updates! Dos is in my thoughts and prayers every day. I hope everything goes well at the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking, I don't know how it would react with the mange---but----I ran a daycare for 6 years and my pediatrician gave me a prescription mixture that you make yourself with over the counter stuffs for diaper rash. It is a miracle salve, that clears rashes over night. Equal parts DESITIN, HYDROCORTIZONE, ANTIFUNGAL CREAM (stuff you use for jock itch or athlet's foot)mix them all together in a jar. Apply liberally as needed. I wonder if this would help Dos with the itching?? Might be worth a try, but I'd check with the vet first to see if its ok to use with mange.
    God Bless you and the patience you have given this beautiful soul. Your rewards will be many.

    ReplyDelete