Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dos-Day Two

EDIT: Dos has pooped! I can't believe Im so excited about poop but I 'm elated. Yaayyyyy poop!
Right afterwords, she decided not only was she ravenously hungry, but wasnt as eager to get back to her bed. She ate..and then sniffed the air around her..and waddled over to my chair and just stood there. Then made her way to the porch and claimed one of the other dog's beds which we had airing out on the porch. Being as we don't want to spread the mange, it's her bed now. We were just happy she was up and walking!

Amazing what a good poop can do.

(End edit.)

Dos has made it through the first night.

I'm relieved, as she was so pumped full of medicines yesterday I was worried it would be too much for her- but I have great vets, so I shouldn't fret so much.

I woke up around 6am to give Dos her antibiotic and early morning feeding.

We're feeding her soft puppy food so she can get some extra proteins in her system. Her mouth is also too swollen to eat much crunchy food, so we've been watering it down.



She wasn't able to pull herself up to the bowl. I put it between her paws and she looked me dead in the eye for a good ten seconds before she started eating. It was like she couldn't believe it was for her.

The same thing for her water.


She ate and fell back asleep immediately.

After about an hour, she woke up and noticed I had moved her water bowl. She  was able to pull herself up and went to her bowl. PROGRESS!

I then, slowly slowly slowly, walked her to the yard to go to the bathroom. It took more than twenty minutes to get fifteen feet, but she made it.

But she didn't go.


Hours pass, and we try again.


She didn't go.


Six hours later, she finally pees. I've never been so excited about dog pee in my LIFE.



She's back in her bed now, snoring away.
The second day of 'recovery' and already a little progress. I have hope.
She sat up! Just in time for Michael to very very gently wipe the pus from her eyes


12 comments:

  1. Wow! You're amazing. Keep fighting! We'll be here to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I sincerely, sincerely appreciate your encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this absolutely broke every part of my heart. you are a true angel. I will be back to check up on her progress. *fingers crossed*!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe how heartless some people are. Compared to how loving others can be. Never trust people who don't treat animals right.
    I know how scary it can be, my puppy almost died from her first worming because her previous owners had not bothered with any prevention. Fingers crossed and love to Dos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All our prayers and healing husky wooooos,

    RA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOOOO!!!

      I just heard Dos WOO! for the first time yesterday (fri!)

      Delete
  6. Im preying for you Dos!! keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Dos, and sweet of you to help her. I'm so glad there are people out there like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for giving Dos (love her name) a second chance at life! You truly are a hero! I will definitely donate to help with her recovery. Thank you so much for helping out this poor, sweet creature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words! I love the name, too. Her old 'family' was Spanish-speaking, so I thought I'd give her something that was a transition from her previous life to her new life:)

      Delete