Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 14....TWO WEEKS!

Today is Dos' two week milestone. I'm still so blown away that this has been two weeks. She's made so much progress thus far...I'm really excited to see where she'll be in two more weeks!

So, Dos appears to be housebroken. I honestly can't tell if she is because she just doesn't go to the bathroom much, and often I have to walk her around in the grass two and three times in the morning before she'll even go..but she hasn't gone in the house even once. I'm wondering if at some point, someone did have her as an 'inside dog'.....
I actually keep having these conflicting arguments in my head. Some part of me really wants to believe that her old owners just found her in the condition she's in, and didn't know any better-maybe they really, really loved her. Maybe the people who dropped her off actually saved her from a neighbor's yard and thought she was too sick to make it...but I know better. I know that every single ailment she has was brought on by long-term neglect-and the disregard they showed her when they dumped her off really does show how little they cared.  I keep making up different scenarios in my head, just so I don't get angry. I don't want Dos to pick up that negative energy, because when she coughs or has a hard time standing up or I see where she has scratched herself raw, I think of the people that dumped her off and how they DID THIS TO HER.
They caused this sickness in this poor, sweet, gentlehearted little baby because they just didn't CARE.

But I think I should put that behind me so Dos can, too. Focusing on getting her well and making her happy is what is important.

Ah, end rant...(sorry, that really all just needed to come out.)

But, on to the happier things of the day:

I went on an 'omega' spree for Dos today. Cans of salmon, flax seeds, and fish oil. I think the most difference I've seen in her the past couple of weeks, now that I look back and compare, has been when she's eaten fish. So-1/2 a can of salmon, 1tbs flax seeds, 1/2 cup of brown rice, 1/4 cup plain yogurt, an added 1000 mg of fish oil, overtop of dry dog food...and there you have it...Dos' dinner.(with a dash of all her medicines mixed in, of course).

She recognized that smell the second I opened the can. She bopped on over into the kitchen wide eyed and just wagged her whole body. She licked the bowl clean.


YUM.

With her belly full, she retired to her little bed for the evening. She really, really loves that bed. I can tell she is just loving having her own little space. She looks so happy in her safe,soft, little den.


I'm really excited to see where the NEXT to weeks takes us.:)



4 comments:

  1. Can you believe it's been two weeks?


    yay dos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there ever was a dog that deserved to be spoiled it's Dos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOS WEEKS FOR DOS! (sorry I had to)

    here's to so many more!! thanks for all of the updates, as well! I check this blog daily so I can keep up on a dog I've never met but feel totally connected to. so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dos has come such a long way! Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading about her progress each and every day! :)

    ReplyDelete