Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 13!

Wow. Day 13.  Has all of this really happened in just under two weeks? Wow. I feel like Dos has been here forever with me. Of course, I mean that in a most positive way.

She felt a lot better today. I was a little worried in the morning because she didn't want to get up or even eat-and I had to 'manually' get her to take her medicines this morning. Thankfully, working at the kennel has taught me how to do it fast and efficiently.

Here is a picture of *some* of Dos' medicine. This doesn't include her mange treatment shampoo (which, out of precaution, I'm doing tomorrow. In case there is even a small bit left that went undetected-I want to knock it out. I don't think it's an issue-but it can't hurt to be safe.

This also doesn't include the one-time medicines like the dewormer and the bordatella....and other normal shots.

Also included-Dos' skin & coat treats


I wish I would have kept the camera rolling, as once I sat down on the couch she tried to crawl into my lap. We have a 'no dog on the couch' policy (though that does get broken more often than I'd like to admit) but I wanted to see where she was going with it. She crawled up and looked like she wanted to sit on my chest-but then proceeded to walk on me, across my stomach, half-sit on my legs, and decide it wasn't the comfy spot she'd expected and waddled back to her bed..where she is curled up and snoring.





I still can't believe tomorrow will be two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I love your description of "her little armadillo tail" -- so perfect. And I hope the next few days show more and more improvement, so Dos (and you) can get to the point of fewer and fewer meds. Happy Friday! And thank you for these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to be introducing her to your crew at any point soon? Maybe after her final mange bath? My "broken" foster puppy had kennel cough, mange with a touch of parvo. It was a very rewarding experience when he made it through all of that, just because of me and the wonderful vets he went to. Dos will get through this all. And, I have to say TWO WEEKS? I've been glued to her story for two weeks? ;-)

    ReplyDelete