Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 29! Another Saturday!

Another Saturday for Dos-and almost a month!

Today I came across something from Dos' first day with us- something I had hidden away for reference and to never use with her so as not to bring up any bad memories for Dos.

I had placed in a bag the tie out she was brought into the kennel on. I've since cleaned it off, but the thing was caked in mud and smelled much like Dos did when she came to me..just the smell of it brought back the whole first day of her being at our house-and realizing how much better she has actually gotten. 

Essentially, it's about the length of two leashes tied together, but it's just one piece, and it has a clip on each end. 
I had no idea what it would clip to, I've never seen a lead like this...

It was wrapped around her neck since se didn't have a collar- and my guess it that she pulled all the way to the end of it because in he early days of her recovery there was a very obvious ring around her neck.

I just thought it was a weird find-just under a month of her recovery-just a reminder of her progress. I want to get rid of it, but I feel like there is a reason I should keep it-maybe just to destroy it the day she is cleared of heartworms.(one day, hopefully soon!)

Here's to almost a month with this little girl, this little pig walrus dog that has become a cuddly, ornery, happy, excited to be still alive little (big?) dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment