Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 18-Super awesome news!

I've been waiting to post this all day!

 



Dos isn't deaf!!!!!!! Perhaps the antibiotics cleared something up? Perhaps she has the energy to respond now? When I took her to the vet, she was totally nonresponsive to sound. Now...she can hear!


Other than that, nothing much else to report...Dos lounged around, watched me do some work, slept, snored like a trucker, and followed me around every time I moved from room to room. She has become my little shadow..I actually couldn't remove her from my lap for a good part of the afternoon.

She has become an incredibly cuddly, tail wagging, happy little girl.


This was about forty five minutes in to her on my lap.   


Day 18! Time is flying. The antibiotics are dwindling, as are the rest of the medications, and with each day, small changes happen.  It seems that Dos was a whole other Dog 18 days ago, barely walking, dehydrated, red and irritated, and living a totally pained existence-and now...now she's wiggly (most of the time, she still sleeps a lot...but, dogs do...) happy, excited, very food motivated..and probably the most stubborn dog I've ever met...

But, that stubbornness, I think, is what kept her going for so long...I'm grateful for it.



8 comments:

  1. Wish there was a way to just LIKE your posts so you could see that there are many of us EVERYDAY that watch Dos's progress. She is ONE LUCKY puppy to have someone like YOU that is so loving and caring! Keep up the great work.*smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Maybe blogger will join the 'like' generation one day..


      Thank you for keeping with her!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! Now she can hear me tell her she's a good girl all the time...in the high-pitched baby talk voice..maybe she'll resent hearing again;) hope not!

      Delete