Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 20-and by popular request..Dos Facebook Page

As a precursor to Day 20 (which will be posted a little later...)
By popular request...a Dos Facebook Page.

Sadly, I just typed out a whole post on my phone and it froze up.
Ahhh.


Today, Dos surprised me in a few ways. 
One, she was nonstop playing with one if my dogs, Ira. 

Secondly-when we were sitting on the porch and a friend walked up the driveway, she alerted us with a huge bark and howl! Then, she trotted to him and wagged her tail and waited patiently to be pet-which shows an alertness and a little guarding instinct but also nonaggression toward strangers. That, and a growing trust in men in general, and a growing amount of energy. 

The best suprise of the day is that I've noticed that not only is she alread learning her name-but she is becoming very responsive to hand signals. She consistently responded to "go in your house," "lay down" and "go" and stay. Each time she did, I praised her like crazy and she just glowed with a sense of confidence in the fact that age was a 'good girl'.

Only one more day till the three week mark! How crazy!

Look at that tail go! Dinner is cooking-she knows.



Family dinner. 


Till tomorrow, folks. :)




3 comments:

  1. warms my heart to see her so happy and to see that she's understanding and feeling what it is to be part of a family. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she knows she is a good girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two beagles and she has unmistakable hound dog eyes. I love your updates, hey Dosy!! She looks great <3

    ReplyDelete