Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 19



DAY 19! Yay! We're quickly making it to a month..I really can't wait until the month milestone. Go,  Dos, go!

Today, Dos got another Sebolux bath. This stuff is the stuff of miracles..I'm going to start looking online to see if I can get it without spending a million dollars, because this stuff is seriously working wonders for her. It's clearing up the scaly, crusted skin that's still left over, and it's taking away from the infected skin smell. (come on, antibiotics, kick it up a notch!)

She was very patient today for her bath. I spent a good forty five minutes scrubbing her and scrubbing her again. She really likes the attention, and even lifted up her back legs on her own so I could get to her belly.

As I was drying her, paying close attention to all her little wrinkles, I thought, this is like washing a fat baby.

And then it hit me...baby powder. I quickly researched using baby powder on dogs, and when I saw that I was in the clear, i carefully, as to not get any powder dust where she could breathe it in, I applied thel powder in all of her wrinkles, to absorb any dampness left over after drying. Hopefully, it will help prevent any more yeast infections while she's taking the antibiotics, at least on her skin.


I washed her bedding with bleach and Odoban that I got from work. I'm really trying to keep her and her environment clean and free of anything that could potentially breed any bacteria.

Dos had a little dinner date with Francis, our eldest furchild, who also benefits from taking fish oil and having a homemade meal at night. He's 13, and his joints are aching...so Omega filled dinner for two it was. Salmon, flax seeds, and fish oil (fish fish and more fish..my house smells like a shipmate from The Deadliest Catch) over brown rice.


Dos also seems to really like Francis because he is a very laid back dog, who doesn't 'over sniff' her. She's still getting used to the other dogs, who are all under 2.  Though she has been interested a bit in playing chase with them, she can only take so much activity. Francis, however, is chill. He is her companion and she seems relaxed with him.

Dos, right now, is in her bed, with her paws stuck out directly in front of her, crossed, like a lady.

Day 19 Dos-and so many more to go!


7 comments:

  1. You have restored my faith in humanity! That sweet girl is so lucky to have you! It warms my heart to see her doing so well! Keep it up Dos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for caring about Dos. It's people like you that can care about another living being they haven't even met that restores MY faith in humanity:)

      Delete
  2. She looks so much better in this picture - almost all her redness is gone! So happy to see this!

    Thanks for writing this blog - I check it every day. I can't wait to see her fur come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teeny tiny patches of it grow in every day! it's almost past that prickly stage..yay!

      Delete
  3. Do you happen to have an Amazon wish list you could add the shampoo to and share? I could spring for a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try to set one up...thanks so much, thats such a kind gesture:)

      Delete
  4. a quick comment, you mentioned using bleach in the wash for sanitation, you may look into using hydrogen peroxide in the wash as well, it does a fine job of killing bacteria form what i understand.
    BTW, what you have done and are doing for Dos is just plain awesome.

    ReplyDelete