Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 24!

Lucky Fiona Collars -"TIC-TAC-DOS", named by Kim of Austin, Texas.
Lucky Fiona Collars & Kim are donating a dollar per collar to Dos'  APA! medical fund for every Tic Tac Dos Collar sold.


Today Dos has been extra cuddly. To a point of being clingy. I don't know why today she just can't stand to leave my side-but every time I've left her in a room by herself she has frantically trotted after me. I fell asleep on the couch for half an hour ..and I woke up to her laying on me. 


Not only heavy, but stubborn..I was stuck like this for a while....


Something I have noticed  the past three or four days is that Dos seems to be filling out..a lot. That, and her mammary glands have thickened up. I am reallllllly hoping that it's just that she's gaining weight/maybe retaining water, maybe her doggy metabolism was slowed and her body is holding onto the nutrients .....I am just hoping she is not pregnant.

She has a vet appointment on Wednesday, where she will have a routine check up,second round of shots, another skin scrape.....and a doggy pregnancy test...


Ohhhhh my.

3 comments:

  1. After reading your posts, and reading the below... Hopefully, she is NOT pregnant, but it fits her to a "T." Keep us posted.

    "Early signs of dog pregnancy include a decreased appetite, a sudden decrease in activity, nipple growth, and behavioral changes. The decreased appetite is similar to a human's morning sickness. If she feels exhausted more than normal, is far more affectionate than her regular behavior or just wants to be left alone, it is because of the hormonal changes triggered by her pregnancy. The tissue and glands underneath her nipples will swell to make room for her baby's milk. Her pregnancy will last between 60-64 days.

    After the first few weeks her appetite will reappear and she will rapidly start gaining weight. Her abdomen will thicken and be firm to the touch. Smaller breeds look larger when pregnant than bigger breeds because they have less room to carry all of their puppies. You will be able to feel the puppy movement during the last week of her pregnancy because that is when the babies are getting into position for birth. Don't be surprised to see several drops of milk leaking from her nipples prior to the labor."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my is right. Hoping for the best for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This girl is just determined to keep you on your toes! I hope for her sake she is not pregnant. She needs to focus on herself right now and get back to being healthy....not being pregnant again. I'm guessing a pregnancy would nix any chance of heartworm treatment starting in the near future? Never having had a pregnant dog though,I could be wrong about that. It just seems from what I have heard that heartworm treatment can be pretty intense, so I would think it would not be done during a pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete