Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 26-Another Vet Visit


[sorry this post is up late!]



Day 26, another vet visit for Dos.

I think she's associating the car with things that she doesn't like, so she was being pretty stubborn when it was time to go. I tried to coax her in. I tried to bribe her in. I got in the car and patted the seat next to me.
Nothing. She's not terribly heavy (65 pounds at the vet-a 6lb gain!) but she made herself dead weight as I picked her up to get in the car.

I realized I left my keys in the house, so I ran back in to get them. Not even thirty seconds later I return to the car, and she is halfway out the driver's side window, stuck. Her big ol' belly was holding her up and her short legs weren't even touching the seat. She looked like a dog teeter-totter. She looked up at me and scoot-scoot-scooted right back into the car, and rested her face in the window, wagging her tail, like she was the most innocent thing in the world.




Photo: Somebody was trying to climb out the window when I ran back in for my keys. Vet time!
Yup, nothin' goin on HERE.;)




Once in the car, Dos settled in and perked up. She actually really likes riding in the car. She's the kind of dog that looks out the windows the whole time and takes it all in.



Once at the vet, she hopped out of the car (which I tried to prevent, as her bum right leg has been acting up all day.) She sniffed around and very willingly followed me into the APA office. 


The gave her a skin scrape, gave her another round of DHLPPC, and palpated for pregnancy.


THEY DON'T THINK SHE IS PREGNANT!! Just "filling in". Yay! She looks like such a large dog in pictures, but a LOT of the bulk on her is skin, and considering how low on nutrients she was a few weeks ago, she packed on the pounds in the past couple of weeks. 

Her skin scrape came back clear again, but they gave her something for it just in case, and sent us on our way. 

It was in-and-out, positive, great visit.  She's done with the cough medicines and the antibiotics are almost gone! Now, we just maintain her level of healthiness, keep an eye on her , and at some point her heartworm treatments can begin.


Ready to go home!



She's feeling SO much better. I feel like she's a different dog than what came to me 26 days ago. Her personality is showing more and more each day. DOS IS ORNERY!

Today was the first time I have had to scold her, and she did NOT take it well.
I was in the other room, and I hear a THUD come from the kitchen. In the kitchen I find Dos surrounded by the recycling, and chewing on foil that at one time had meatloaf inside.

All I had to say was, "OHHH, Dos, this is no," and she looked at me with those sad puppy eyes, looked at me like I had committed a cardinal sin, put her tail down, ducked her shoulders, whimpered a little, and scurried to her kennel where she hid while I cleaned up the knocked over recycling.

I have never seen a dog that sad, and I didn't even scold her in that stern of a voice. She's incredibly sensitive.

About half an hour later though, when I was going to bed, she followed me and the rest of the dogs into our room, crawled onto the bed and made herself comfortable, with her head on my shoulder. 






1 comment:

  1. What a good pup, we hold woooos all in very high regard.

    RA, Isis & NanĂ¼k

    ReplyDelete