Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 48!

Dos had a little field trip today to a friend of mines house to drop off a little dog. 

Dos was curious in the car-sniffing at the crate where the little dog was riding, being happy and wagging her tail. She even rode with her head out the window for a few minutes, but I think it threw her off balance and she fell over.

When we arrived at my friends house, my friend took Dos' leash to walk her up to the house as I grabbed some things out of the car as another friend took the little dog. Dos looked up to see that it wasnt me holding her leash, and she was with a stranger, and she had a little panic attack. Pulling towards me, dropping to the ground, whining..and it's hard to not pay that any mind, although that's what needs to happen-I don't want to encourage that kind of behavior..although its absolutely heartbreaking, I had to speak in a friendly, positive voice and act normal. 

Once inside, she was ok..but Dos got very jealous that people were paying attention to the little dog, and she growled at the other dog. I had to scold her in a stern voice-but instead of cowering and runnig away, she stopped growling and lay at my feet, leaving the little dog alone.


It's little steps-everyday training in everyday situations. 

She's making progress every day...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment