Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 58-She loooooves me:)

I've been working some really long shifts at the kennel this week. I get up at 6am, take Dos out for a short walk and a feeding, and then leave for work and don't come home until 7pm. She has spent a lot of time with Michael and the other dogs this past week or so. Today, however, I think it dawned on her that I've been gone a lot.

I walked into the house at 7pm, and was greeted by my furry herd, as per usual. Dos typically trots over to me too, waiting for pettings and her evening walk. Today, as I opened the door, Dos bolted from the kitchen like a zebra chasing an antelope, skidded halfway across the living room floor, and slid into my legs, rolled on her back and wiggled maniacally, then pulling herself up and actually jumping up onto her back legs putting her paws on my stomach, stretching up to sniff my face.

Dos has NEVER tried to jump up on me, the entire time she's been here-she's so bumbly and awkward, I wasnt sure she was even capable of doing so! (and, it's something I'm still trying to break Walter of, so I don't want to encourage any of them to jump-but it was SO adorable.) She then glued herself to my side for the remainder of the evening.


I can't believe we're only 2 days away from TWO MONTH MILESTONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment