Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 57-Dos Marks Her Territory

A fun discovery about my favorite little pigwalrus today was that Dos marks her territory, like a boy dog.

On her walk today, she and Francis trotted along happily with one another, and I noticed Dos was peeing-a lot.

Peeing is not something Dos does often, or everytime she goes outside, like most dogs. So, I let her do her thing and observed, in case there was something wrong.

I then realized that she would pee everytime Francis would pee. He'd stop to mark a pole, a bush, a hydrant.  Dos would then waddle her pigwalrus self to the same area and mark as well.

This went on for the duration of the walk.

I have never known a female dog to mark! I've heard this happens, but I have never seen it...and it is funny, especially when Dos gets her mind set to where she is going to mark and looking very dignified, following Francis and his marking patterns.



Funny little pigwalrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment